Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30, 2011

No more chemo and 5 more radiations.  I still feel like heck from the chemo but knowing I have no more is a big help.  Visited Dr. McCary today and his assistant Dr. Feddox.  They always spend a lot of time with me and today was no exception.  Let me see if I can get this straight so I can get everrybody up to date.
After my last radiation treatment next Wednesday, I will wait a month an then get an MRI.  I have to wait because the radiation will still be killing cells that long.  Dependendng on what the MRI shows, We may have to do two more intense radiations that really pin point the original cancer cells in the lung.( there is a 50/50 chance that will have to be done.  If the cancer is not there at all, we are done unless it returns( 1 in 3 chances)  If it has returned we will take aim again. 
Both Dr. Feddox and Dr. McGary were very upbeat and positive and felt that I had done very well and that the cancer is responding well to treatment.  I am hopeful. 
I feel a little better today than yesterday but still having a hard time swollowing.  I hope that gets better as I am hungry and want to eat.
Kyle went back to NC today and we miss him as he is a great help around here and in taking me to the treatments.  He will return next week.
Think I will try to get to church tonight so I'll try to write more tomorrow.  God bless you and your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment